Teacher in Telangana electrocuted

Teacher in Telangana electrocuted

Hyderabad:

A teacher died on Sunday and four students were seriously injured when they received an electric shock while preparing for the Independence Day function in their school in Telangana, police said.
The incident occurred in a government-run school in Medikonda village in Koduru mandal of Ranga Reddy district, near here.

Teacher Prabhavati and the students were preparing for the Independence Day function. She was rehearsing flag hoisting when a live electric wire fell on the iron flagpole. She was electrocuted when she came in contact with the pole.

Four children, who tried to save her, sustained critical injuries and were taken to hospital in Vikarabad for treatment.

–IANS

Hits: 110

Leave a comment

Teacher in Telangana electrocuted - NORTH INDIA KALEIDOSCOPE

Rajesh Ahuja

I am a veteran journalist based in Chandigarh India.I joined the profession in June 1982 and worked as a Staff Reporter with the National Herald at Delhi till June 1986. I joined The Hindu at Delhi in 1986 as a Staff Reporter and was promoted as Special Correspondent in 1993 and transferred to Chandigarh. I left The Hindu in September 2012 and launched my own newspaper ventures including this news portal and a weekly newspaper NORTH INDIA KALEIDOSCOPE (currently temporarily suspended).