- Covid loses 90% of ability to infect within five minutes in air, says study
- Omicron could infect 50% of Europeans in next two months, says WHO
- Will Covid-19 become less dangerous as it evolves?
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine has been approved for use on pregnant women in South Africa
- Grief and anger as Covid victims overwhelm Delhi’s crematoriums
- Is Russia’s Covid vaccine anything more than a political weapon?
- How continental Europe is emerging from Covid lockdown
- Rapid spread of India variant in UK is ‘worrying’, say scientists
UK PM has no symptoms but has been confirmed as contact of positive case; Global cases rise by 4m in one week; Japan emerges from recession
- Boris Johnson told to isolate after contact with Covid-positive MP
- Covid vaccine hopes must not make Britons complacent, warns adviser
- Covid vaccine rally fuels market optimism of a faster global recovery