More positive cases after Sydney lab testing error; ‘sacred’ SCG Ashes Test to go ahead, NSW minister says; Queensland reports 1,158 cases, scraps day five testing requirement after Brad Hazzard criticises ‘tourism testing’; massive demand for testing in NSW blows out wait times as state records 6,062 cases and one death; Victoria records 2,738 Covid cases and four deaths; Tasmania reports 43 cases and the ACT 252 – follow all the latest news
- Covid positive test rate in NSW jumps to 6.5%, highest since start of pandemic
- Covid hospitalisation rates: how is Australia’s health system coping with the spread of Omicron?
- Vaccine rollout tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
- Follow our global Covid live blog
- See all our coronavirus coverage