North India Kaleidoscope Bureau
Haryana BJP Media Incharge Rajiv Jain has condemned the recent incidents of gang rapes in the State especially with a minor girl and said that the State Government would take strict action in all these cases and ensure that the culprits get maximum punishment.
In a statement issued here on Wednesday, Mr. Jain said that such incidents reflect the pervert mentality being developed in our society. The scenario could be improved if the society comes forward and discharges its responsibility.
He said that the BJP Government in the State is committed to the girl child right from birth and her “uplift” throughout life. Imbued with the spirit of giving girls and women their due honour in society, the Manohar Lal Government has created an atmosphere in the State thanks to which the women are now coming forward to report any crime against them before the police.
Also about a decade earlier, the sex ratio in the State was 830 girls per 1000 boys which had now increased to 913 girls per 1000 boys.
While launching a scathing attack on former Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Haryana Congress President Ashok Tanwar and Congress MLA Randeep Singh Surjewala for politicising this issue, Mr. Jain asserted that had the Congress taken any effective steps against the skewed sex ratio and harassment of women during its tenure, the people with pervert mentality would not have grown in society. Mr. Hooda has no moral right to speak on this issue, he added.
He further exhorted the Congress leaders to refrain from doing politics on such sensitive issues and rather positively contribute towards giving right direction to the society.
Mr.Jain pointed out that during three years of the second term of the state government led by Mr.Hooda, 3,832 girls were killed in the womb alone in Karnal. Apart from this, in 10 villages of the district of the then Health Minister, Rao Narender Singh, not even a single girl took birth in six months. The incident of suicide by a girl in village Sachakheda in district Jind following her gang-rape forced the then Congress President Sonia Gandhi to visit the village, but instead of directing her Chief Minister, she said that such incidents keep on happening in other states also.
Mr. Jain alleged that during the Hooda government, people indulging in the exploitation and harassment of women got the government protection and the common man had lost hope of getting justice. Apart from this, Mr.Hooda’s home city Rohtak was rocked by the Apna Ghar case. He said that Sachakheda gang-rape and incident of suicide by the rape victim and her mother in Rohtak and Indri, the murder of an 80-year-old woman after raping in Baghpur, Palwal and gang-rape with an old woman in Kharkhoda are among the major incidents that happened during that time. He said that 730 rape cases had come to fore in the year 2011 and 700 cases in the ear 2012 that is two rape cases per day.
He said that our aim is not to give place to such wicked acts in the society by comparing the incidents during the Congress rule. But if the previous government had taken steps as are being taken by the present state government for punishing those involved in the harassment of women, the situation would have been different. He added that setting up of women police stations at district level, women police volunteers and increasing the number of women police personnel have resulted in keeping a check on crime.
Incidents during the Congress rule
- Apna Ghar case in the home district of former Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda (May 7, 2012).
- Sachakheda gang-rape (October 7, 2012).
- Incident of consuming poison by the family of rape victim in Rohtak (April 23, 2013) which resulted in the death of mother and daughter. This incident took place near Uklana in Hisar.
- Suicide by the father of rape victim in Dabra (September 20, 2012).
- Suicide by class IX student in Hisar after harassment (June 4, 2013).
- Self immolation by rape victim in Kharkhoda (January 5,2013).
- Rape of 30 years married woman in Gharothi, Rohtak (October 13,2012).
- Suicide by the woman after gang-rape in Yadupur, Palwal (September 14,2012).
- Suicide by victim and her mother after the gang-rape in Indri, Karnal (August 12,2013).
- Suicide by newly married woman in Kharkhoda after molestation (September 2,2013).
- Suicide by a girl after eve-teasing in Kalayat, Kaithal (September 16,2013).
- Two sisters jumped into the canal to save themselves from eve-teasing in Yamunanagar of which one drowned in the water (August 19, 2013).
- Self immolation by a woman after repeatedly harassed in Ballabgarh, Faridabad (September 3,2013).
- Murder of 80 years woman after rape in Baghpur, Palwal (March 13,2014).
- Murder of 75 years woman after rape in village Shahjahanpur in Yamunanagar (11-02-2013).
- Gang-rape with old woman in Kharkhoda, Sonepat (June 3,2013).
- Gang-rape with a B.Sc. student in Barwala, Hisar (December 3,2012).
- Rape with 13- year- old girl missing from her house in village Dhigtania in Sirsa (December 31,2012).
- Two gang-rapes in Sonepat (December 29,2012).
- Four gang-rapes in six days in Hisar (November 10,2012).
- Gang-rape with a Scheduled Castes woman in village Daya, Hisar.
- Kidnap and gang-rape of a girl in village Mehda, Charkhi Dadri (March 16,2014).
- Gang-rape with a minor girl in Taraori. Second incident in span of four days (November 9,2012).
- Rape of Scheduled Castes girl by 12 boys in village Dabra, Hisar (September 9,2012).
- Gang-rape of married woman in front of her mother by three youth in Pillukhera, Jind (September 21,2012).
- Gang-rape of girl student of XI standard by four youth in Gohana (September 26,2012).
- Rape of girl student of VIII standard by three youth in village Sandwa, Tosham (October 3,2012).
- Allegation of rape by a woman in Shekhpur Darauli, Fatehabad (January 22,2013).
- Girl gang-raped in village Madh, Ratia. The girl and her mother were also beaten up (February 3,2013).
- A headless body of an adolescent girl found in Narnaul (October 25,2013).
- Girl kidnapped and gangraped in Rohtak (October 27, 2013).
- Four incidents of rape in a single day in the State. (June 28, 2013).
- Rape in moving bus in Gurugram.
- Married woman raped by five youth in Narwana.
- SC woman raped in village Habri, Pundri in Kaithal district.
- Rape of two women in a rented car in Gurugram.
- The incident of murder of woman under mysterious circumstances in Madina and her funeral secretly (September 14, 2012).
- Brutal murder of lovers couple in Garnawathi, Rohtak (September 19, 2013).
- Incident of murder of lovers’ couple in Pandu-Pindara, Jind and throwing their body on railway station. (March 21, 2014).
- Honour killing in Sonepat and Rohtak (May 16, 2014).
- Murder of couple with sharp-edged weapons in Nurankheda, Gohana.
- Murder of sister by brother through bullet in Sampla.
- Murder of wife in village Valambha, Meham.