Haryana Government to open 29 new women’s colleges next year 

Manohar Lal



Manohar Lal
Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal speaking in Pravasi Haryana Sammelan organized at Patna in Bihar on December 3, 2017.

As a part of its commitment to provide the facility of women’s college every 20 kilometres, the Haryana Government has decided to open 29 new colleges in the state next year, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal said on  Sunday.

Interacting with the people of Haryana origin residing in Bihar at the Pravasi Haryana Sammelan in Patna, he said that the state government had got completed the mapping exercise and the new women’s colleges would be opened in those areas which did not have any such college.

While alleging that under the previous regimes, transfers had become an industry as these were done only through recommendations or with money, he claimed that the teachers’ transfer policy implemented by the present government had drawn appreciation from different states which wanted to follow this policy in their states.

Last year, transfer of about 42,000 teachers was done with the click of the mouse. Out of these, 93 per cent teachers got the posting of their choice, he added.

Mr.Manohar Lal said that after opening women’s police station in each district of the state, now it was proposed to open such police stations in all sub-divisions.

The aim of my regime is to ensure 30 per cent representation to women in the state police force to effectively deal with crime against women.

A Saksham Yojna had been implemented under which the educated unemployed youth are provided Rs. 9,000 per month, including Rs. 3,000 as unemployment allowance, in lieu of 100 hours of work done by him or her. Also, a Skill Development University has been set up in district Palwal where soft skill courses have been started. The government has decided to provide employment opportunities to about two lakh youth in the next two years, he added.

He said his regime was ready to collaborate with its Bihar counterpart in key areas of agriculture, marketing, milk production and food processing, and also in complementing its efforts to ensure all-round development of the state by sharing expertise in different fields.

Exhorting the Pravasi Haryanvis to invest in Haryana, Mr. Manohar Lal said as a result of the new Industrial and Enterprise Promotion Policy and proximity of the state to the international airport, New Delhi, Haryana had emerged as a preferred destination for entrepreneurs of national and international repute.

“A visit of the farmers of Bihar to Haryana could be arranged to acquaint them with the best farm practices and irrigation system. About 83 per cent area in Haryana is irrigated and for covering the remaining 17 per cent, efforts are being made to bring the farmers on micro irrigation from flood irrigation,” he added.

Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, Sudhir Rajpal, said the aim of organizing  Pravasi Haryana Sammelan was to maintain a dialogue with the people of Haryana origin residing in Bihar, besides encouraging them to invest in Haryana to boost the state’s economy and generate maximum employment opportunities for the youth.

He said Bihar and Haryana had a long association and a large numbers of people from Bihar were working in Haryana in different areas. Similarly, people from Haryana have also made their mark in Bihar and are playing a major role in its development and prosperity.

Principal Secretary, Department of Industries and Chief Executive Officer Bihar Foundation, Bihar, Dr. S. Siddharth, welcomed Mr. Manohar Lal.

In his welcome remarks, Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Bihar, Prabhat Kumar Sinha, said  Haryana had made rapid strides towards industrialization.Vice-Chariman, CII, Vinod Kheria, said Mr Manohar Lal was the first Chief Minister of Haryana to visit Bihar to interact with the Haryanvis residing there.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Haryana Government to open 29 new women's colleges next year  | NORTH INDIA KALEIDOSCOPE

Rajesh Ahuja

I am a veteran journalist based in Chandigarh India.I joined the profession in June 1982 and worked as a Staff Reporter with the National Herald at Delhi till June 1986. I joined The Hindu at Delhi in 1986 as a Staff Reporter and was promoted as Special Correspondent in 1993 and transferred to Chandigarh. I left The Hindu in September 2012 and launched my own newspaper ventures including this news portal and a weekly newspaper NORTH INDIA KALEIDOSCOPE (currently temporarily suspended).