From Rajesh Ahuja
Four high-risk (household) contacts of the South Africa returnee residing at Sector 36 here were tested Monday and out of these, two were reported to be positive for COVID 19 and the rest were negative.
An official spokesman of the Chandigarh Administration disclosed that the returnee and the two positive contacts were shifted to an institutional quarantine (GMCH-32) on Monday. Eight community contacts of his wife were tested Tuesday at GMCH-32 for COVID 19 and all of them have been reported to be negative.
The samples of the returnee and his two positive contacts have been sent for Whole Genome Sequencing to NCDC, Delhi. The results of Whole Genome Sequencing usually take a minimum of two weeks, the spokesperson added.
In view of the increasing number of COVID cases in Chandigarh, all the unvaccinated adult residents have been advised to immediately get themselves vaccinated against COVID. The vaccinated persons can fight the COVID-related issues in a better way.
Do’s &Don’ts to safeguard against COVID infection:
1. Practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
2. Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief/tissue while sneezing and coughing.
3. Throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
4. Avoid crowds and closed spaces.
5. Must maintain social distance (minimum one meter) in public places.
6. Always wear a mask in public places.
7. See a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficulty in breathing, and cough). While visiting the doctor wear
a mask/cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
8. If you have these signs/symptoms please call COVID helpline number: – 9779558282
1. Avoid close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
3. Do not spit in public places.