Boris Johnson still in intensive care; US protective equipment stockpile nearly empty; virus could push 500m people into poverty. Follow the latest updates.
- US sees highest one-day death toll from coronavirus
- US scammers seek to capitalize on fears
- Black Americans dying in greater numbers from Covid-19
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Meditation is a practice used by many different cultures to quiet the mind – and could be key to surviving coronavirus quarantine